Lover's Eye— Pearl
Originally painted on small pieces of ivory, their soft and alluring gaze is intoxicating. The Punctilious Mr. P's 'Lover's Eye' custom place card set brings instant chic to any table and to spark joy and conversion.
Customize your place cards with your guest's names. With numerous fonts to choose from, you can have your cards arrive perfectly calligraphed with your guest's names printed on the backs. That's one less thing for you to do, and it's complimentary for the first pack. We even include a blank card called "Try your hand" to test your writing instrument if you choose to write your names yourself, or send them out to your calligrapher.
Conversation Sparker: Small paintings of eyes first became popular during the late eighteenth century. They reminded wearers of a loved one, whose identity remained a secret. The single eye also symbolized the watchful gaze of a jealous partner, who feared that his or her lover might stray. One of the earliest known eye miniatures was painted in 1786 by the English artist Richard Cosway for the Prince of Wales, later King George IV.
- 2 image set
- Available in two sizes:
- Classic Size: 16 place cards/ name cards | 3.4" x 2.1" or 86mm x 54mm (standard credit card)
- Event Size: 8 place cards/ name cards | 3.25" x 4.5" or 82.5mm x 114mm
- Printed on sheet-fed hot-press cotton rag watercolor paper with archival Japanese inks
Complimentary Digital Calligraphy Service for your first pack. 25% surcharge for additional packs with calligraphy:
- Choose your style of calligraphy above, then add up to 16 guest's names for classic size, or 8 names for Event size.
- "ADD TO CART."
- Suggested Orientation: Horizontal. Digital Calligraphy on horizontal cards is written straight across the card.
- ALL cards printed custom & bespoke to order. NO RETURNS unless in error by us.
- Made-by-hand in our workshop in Old Chatham, New York
Not sure which font to choose? Explore here.